Dear Parent(s) or Guardians,
As your child enters the wonderful world of reading, books become even more important. I will be sending home Scholastic Book Club order forms periodically to help increase your child's interest in quality literature and familiar authors.
Please take a moment to look over the choices with your child. There is no obligation to order, but book clubs are an affordable way to foster your child's natural love of learning.
If you wish to make a purchase, there are two ways to do so. You can fill out the order form and then return the appropriate payment (checks only, please) in an envelope with your child's name on it. Or, EVEN BETTER, you can now place your order online! When you order online, our class earns FREE books, software, and resources. Here's how it works:
1. Go to www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
2. On the parent page, click the "Don't have a User name and Password?" link, then register for your own username and password. When prompted, enter the one-time Class Activation Code, which is: DLQQM
3. Browse the titles and then place your order with your credit card by the due date.
4. Your order will come to me at school and your credit card payment will go directly to Scholastic's secure server. There is no need to send money to school.
5. After I submit the entire class's order to Scholastic, your order will be delivered to our classroom for your child to take home.
Here is a list of recommended authors for first grade. You may wish to consider some of their literature: Eric Carle, Mem Fox, Tana Hoban, Ezra Jack Keats, Lois Ehlert, Leo Lionni, Eric Hill, Don & Audry Wood, Barbara Park, Laura Numeroff, Vera B. Williams, Jan Brett, Robert Munsch, Patricia Polacco, and Margaret Wise Brown
Thank you and happy reading!
P.S. Psst! If you wish your purchase to be a surprise (birthday, get well, Christmas,...), just let me know.