Welcome, and thank you for choosing Hastings Area Schools for your child. We are committed to providing a quality academic program that helps each learner reach their individual potential. We are excited to have your family as members of our exemplary school community.
If you have questions about our enrollment process, please contact us at: (269) 948-4400
2021-2022 Kindergarten Enrollment Information
We would like to extend a warm welcome to our new families and our new enrolling Young Kindergarteners and Kindergarten students! Hastings Area School System’s mission statement is “Achieving Excellence Today, for Tomorrow”. We take this mission very seriously and work to achieve our vision of “Hastings Area School System is a World-Class Learning Community that Supports Every Student, Every Day”. Please begin your registration with this FORM.
Download the full set of forms HERE.
Kindergarten registration will be held April 29, 2021 from 3 pm to 7 pm at the CERC. This is for all parents (including parents of Noah's Ark, CERC, GSRP, etc).
Parents will need to bring a certified copy of a birth certificate, shot records and proof of residency (driver's license, buy/sell agreement, rental agreement, or utility bill).
Enrollment Procedures for District Residents
PRINT AND COMPLETE the required forms listed and RETURN the completed forms to the Hastings Area School Administration Office (1-5 only), Middle or High School.
In order to complete the enrollment process, the student’s parent/guardian must also provide these required documents:
1. Proof of Residency in the Hastings Area School District
- Lease Agreement (including the page with landlord and tenant signatures)
- Mortgage Statement (within last month)
- City Assessor’s Tax Statement (current year)
- Current Utility bill or Cable bill (within last month)
- Notarized Affidavit of Residence if living in someone else’s home/apt (This person’s driver license and one proof of their residence)
2. Driver License (of parent or guardian)
3. Child’s Certified Birth Certificate (must be an original copy)
4. Immunization Records
5. Vision Screening (required for kindergarten)
6. Court documents, if applicable (i.e., guardianship, foster care, etc.)
7. Most Recent Report Card (applies to 7 & 8th graders)
8. High School Transcript (applies to 10th-12th grades only)
Please have the following information with you as well:
- Emergency Contact Names/Phone Numbers
- Physicians Name/Phone Number
- Previous School Name/Address, Phone and Fax Numbers