The Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society (MITES) is an organization where students can submit projects of their creation to be judged. 1st through 4th place in the Regional competition can continue on to the State competition. The top 10 in each division will be recognized at the State competition and receive awards.
Projects can be submitted to any of these divisions:
- AD - Architectural Drawing
- AN - Animation
- AT - Applied Technology
- CT - Construction Trades
- EL - Electrical
- FT - Future Teacher
- GA - Graphic Arts
- MD - Mechanical Drawing
- MS - Machine Shop
- OP - Open
- PL - Plastics
- PM - Pattern Making & Molding
- WM - Wrought Metal
- WO - Wood
Each division is further divided into grade levels:
- Level A is for students in vocational or C.T.E. programs who spend more than 2 hours per day or 8 hours per week receiving instructions in the subject area.
- Level B is for students in grades 11 and 12 who receive instructions less than 2 hours per day in the subject area.
- Level C is for students in grades 9 and 10 who receive instructions less than 2 hours per day in the subject area.
- Level D is for students in grades 6 - 8.
- Level E is for students in grades K - 5 (Not eligible for Grand Prizes or Division Grand Prizes).
Any student in grades K through 12 enrolled in Industrial, Technology, or Career Technical education courses taught by a MITES member in any Michigan, Indiana or Illinois public, private, or parochial school is eligible.