State law requires that each student entering kindergarten, or a new school district in grades 1 - 12, have a certificate of immunization at the time of registration. Before a child can be permitted to enter or attend school, parents or guardians must present documentation that their child has received all required doses of vaccines or that their child has received at least one dose of each of the required vaccines and is waiting to receive the subsequent doses at the appropriate time intervals. Requirements for children four years through six years of age:
• 4 doses of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP) vaccine and, if a dose was not received on or after the fourth birthday, a booster dose at school entry is required. Most children will have 5 doses.
• 3 doses of any appropriate polio vaccine and if a dose, was not received on or after the fourth birthday, a booster dose at school entry is required. Most children will have 4 doses.
• 2 doses of any appropriate live Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine received after the first birthday, at least 28 days apart, and with one of the doses at or after 15 months of age or current laboratory evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.
• 3 doses are required, for the Hepatitis B vaccination.
• 1 dose of Varicella (Chickenpox) is required or reliable history of the disease. Requirements for children seven through 18 years of age.
• 4 doses of any appropriate diphtheria and tetanus vaccine are required. If a dose, was not given in the last 10 years, a booster dose of Td is required.
• 3 doses of any appropriate polio vaccine are required.
• 2 doses of the MMR vaccine are required. The first dose must be given on or after the first birthday. The second dose must be given at least 28 days from the first dose.
• 3 doses of the Hepatitis B vaccination are required.
• 1 dose of Varicella (Chickenpox) is required on or after the first birthday but prior to the 13th birthday OR two doses are required, administered at least 28 days apart if the child received the first dose on or after the 13th birthday. Children who have not received the required immunizations will be excluded from school until parents provide proof that all required immunizations have been given, or have a waiver on file. Parents will receive written notification of the necessary immunizations needed for their child before the child is excluded from school.
• Meningococcal: 1 dose for children 11 years of age or older