District Accountability Committee (DAC)
The Committee’s purpose is to serve as an oversight and communication committee for the Hastings Area School System. The duties of the District Accountability Committee include:
1. Provide leadership in the communication/input of district and school events, accomplishments, initiatives, assessment results, and improvement efforts.
2. Provide leadership in the review and communication of curriculum, instruction, assessment, related to district and state standards and graduation requirements.
3. Develop and participate in monitoring processes for the ongoing review of district and school improvement plans.
4. Review recommended assessments, curricular materials and spending priorities for input to the Superintendent.
Membership on the District Accountability Committee shall include the following:
1. One teacher representative from each building (6 members);
2. One parent representative from each building (6 members);
3. At least one school administrator;
4. One representative of the Board of Education;
5. One representative of HESPA;
6. One community business leader;
7. One community member from law enforcement;
8. One member representing area clergy;
9. One member from higher education;
10. One member from the medical profession;
11. One member from the Hastings Area School System Board of Education.
12. One retired citizen representative.
There are 7 meetings scheduled during the school year. The meetings are on the 4th Monday of the month from 6:30-8:00.
For the 2015-2016 School Year:
1. Monday, September 28, at 6:30 pm
2. Monday, October 26, at 6:30 pm
3. Monday, November 23, at 6:30 pm
4. Monday, January 25, at 6:30 pm
5. Monday, February 22, at 6:30 pm
6. Monday, March 28, at 6:30 pm
7. Monday, May 23, at 6:30 pm
IV. Potential Meeting Topics
1. The Hastings Area Schools Dynamic Plan
2. Celebrations & Announcements
3. School and District Improvement Plans
4. Course Recommendations
5. District Assessment Plan
6. Assessment Results
7. Budget Reviews
8. Sinking Fund and Bond Projects
9. Federal Title Plans