Welcome, and thank you for choosing Hastings Area Schools for your child. We are committed to providing a quality academic program that helps each learner reach their individual potential. We are excited to have your family as members of our exemplary school community.
If you have questions about our enrollment process, please contact us at: (269) 948-4400.
Enrollment Age Requirements
Children must turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, in order to register for school.
Children who turn 5 after September 1, and not later than December 1st, may request an early entrance waiver to attend kindergarten.
PRINT AND COMPLETE the required forms listed and RETURN the completed forms to the Hastings Area School Administration Office (K-5 only), middle or high school.
In order to complete the enrollment process, the student’s parent/guardian must also provide these required documents:
1. Proof of Residency in the Hastings Area School District
- Lease Agreement (including the page with landlord and tenant signatures)
- Mortgage Statement (within last month)
- City Assessor’s Tax Statement (current year)
- Current Utility bill or Cable bill (within last month)
- Notarized Affidavit of Residence if living in someone else’s home/apt (This person’s driver license and one proof of their residence)
2. Driver License (of parent or guardian)
3. Child’s Certified Birth Certificate (must be an original copy)
4. Immunization Records
5. Vision Screening (required for kindergarten)
6. Court documents, if applicable (i.e., guardianship, foster care, etc.)
7. Most Recent Report Card (applies to 7 & 8th graders)
8. High School Transcript (applies to 10th-12th grades only)
Please have the following information with you as well:
- Emergency Contact Names/Phone Numbers
- Physicians Name/Phone Number
- Previous School Name/Address, Phone and Fax Numbers