Hastings Area School System receives many donations from generous community members near and far. Our District Accountability Committee (DAC) recommended an easier process through our website. To achieve this, we’re using our strategic “Dynamic Plan” to identify the areas of need, such as Technology. We work toward excellence in Academics, Arts and Athletics. We also have identified the different needs of our Students to better support their success in school.
Hastings Area School System gladly welcomes donations! Any amount is appreciated toward the following curricular needs:
Chromebook Carts: $14,069 for 36 Chromebooks (laptop style computers) and cart for storage and charging
- Elementary Chromebook Cart
- Middle School Chromebook Cart
- High School Chromebook Cart
Chromebooks: $310 each (laptop style computer)
- Backpack Lunches
- Some of our students take sack lunches home in their backpacks for an evening meal. Backpack lunches are provided for students who are identified for free lunch, and they request additional food for after-school hours based on need. There are approximately 200-300 backpack lunches sent home on 2-3 nights/week at the elementary and middle school levels.
- Homeless Student Needs
- These funds are used for a variety of items, and the funds are restricted to only address the needs of identified homeless students in the Hastings Area School System.
- General Student Needs
- There are times when students need school supplies, items of clothing, fees for organizations, and other items to support their learning. This fund was established for community members to help our students with these basic items. School Principals, along with a member from Central Office, work together to allocate these funds so that student privacy is protected, yet their needs are addressed.
Interested in donating to one of these projects?
Print the donation form and send to:
Hastings Area Schools
232 W Grand St
Hastings, MI 49058
Or you can drop it off at the District Office.
Questions? Contact Hastings Area Schools @ 269-948-4400